Hello fellow book lovers, I am super excited to announce that I have been nominated for the Mystery Blogger Award! I have seen lots of awards flying around over the last couple of the years and never imagined that I would actually get nominated.
“Mystery Blogger Award” is an award for amazing bloggers with ingenious posts. Their blog not only captivates; it inspires and motivates. They are one of the best out there, and they deserve every recognition they get. This award is also for bloggers who find fun and inspiration in blogging; and they do it with so much love and passion.
– Okoto Enigma
I would like to start off by thanking Nehal Jain for nominating me. I first came across Nehal’s blog through the 20 Books of Summer challenge we were participating in. As well as great book review Nehal’s site includes funny Q & A’s, poems and lots of personality so be sure to check it out!
- Put the award logo on your blog
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and provide a link to their blog
- Mention the creator of the award. The creator of this award is Okoto Enigma
- Answer the five questions you were asked
- Tell the readers three things about yourself
- Nominate ten to twenty bloggers
- Notify the bloggers that you nominated them by commenting on one of their posts
- Ask your nominees five questions with one weird or funny one
- Share a link to your best posts
This year I wanted to get more personal with my blog and share more about myself with the book community. You’re such a lovely bunch and have been so welcoming these last couple of years so as the rules say here are three facts about myself.
- I have 4 older sister and one younger sister. My older sisters have given me 4 nieces and 8 nephews! Christmas is an expensive time of the year!
- I have never watched Star Wars (please don’t unfollow me)
- My dream is to have a study with floor to ceiling bookcases all around. A bit like the library in Beauty and the Beast just on a smaller scale.
Here are my answers to the five questions that Nehal selected:
1: What inspired you to blog and how did you decide upon your content and can you recommend 3 other good bloggers (Sorry, that’s a lot in one question)? I first decided to blog after my Nan passed away and I took over writing/editing her unfinished book. My content varies from book reviews to book tags and personal posts. I tend to go with the trends so if I see something appearing a lot on my feed then I’ll give it a go. The blogging/book community are my muse! There are so many great bloggers out there and I will give my recommendations in my nominations below.
2: What advice would you give to those bloggers who feel that they deserve more recognition? For me the answer is simple, you get out what you put in. I’ve made more of an effort to follow, like and comment on others blogs and in turn I have seen my stats soar, so much so that I’m over 100% up on last years stats!
3: What one song fits your current mood perfectly? I’m rubbish with current music, I spend too much time reading. My music selection can differ so much from one day to the next so this is a hard question to answer. Being a pianist I like a lot of instrumental music so I’m currently teaching and playing a lot of music by Ludovico Einadui. Two of my favourite pieces of his to play/listen to is Melodia Africana III and Due Tramonti. I’m also teaching my class how to do the cup song next year so I’ve been listening to that as well.
4: What Hogwarts House are you in (if you have ever taken any such quiz)? I took the quiz a while ago so I decided to redo it this year. It turns out I am a Hufflepuff. Dedicated, patient and loyal which I am very pleased with.
5: Name a guilty pleasure (You can’t say you don’t have one). Ooooh there are quite a few I have but I guess my main one is I love to chop up some bananas and strawberries and dip them in melted chocolate but I always do a little bit too much chocolate. After all chocoalte and fruit is a balanced diet isn’t it? Haha!
I’ve had a good look through my previous blog posts and these are my top three for views, likes and comments. Reading Slumps & What Works For Me, 20 Books of Summer 2020 and Birthday Bucket List – May.
Those were some great questions and I really enjoyed answering them. Thank you again Nehal for the nomination. Here are my five questions and nominees (sorry if anyone has already been nominated!):
- What is your ultimate comfort food?
- Which book format do you prefer to read (physical, eBoook, audio etc) or do you like to mix it up? If you had to choose one format which would you go for?
- Name a book or books that have had a big impact on you or changed your views?
- What was a TV show or film that you loved as a child?
- What are your favourite type of blogs to do?
Meg Readz – Meg Readz is a great blogger with brilliant book reviews! She pores her heart and soul into her words and takes great care in what she writes & reads.
CJR The Brit – CJR The Brit has excellent book reviews and participates in so many daily blogs. I’m always excited to see what will be uploaded on the site!
746 Books – Cathy at 746 books is the host of 20 books of summer and she is a lovely blogger! She has a TBR pile to envy, great reviews and fantastic reading choices!
Those are my three recommended blogs as per Nehal’s first question, who I am nominating for this award alongside these other ten amazing bloggers.
I can’t wait to see what my nominee’s answers are and am so grateful to my nominator and all my loyal readers! Much love to you all!