After a lot a deliberating I have decided to add three reading challenges to my goals for this year. I have compiled them into one blog post so please be patient with me, this may take a while!
A-Z Book Tag
Last year I completed the ABC book tag which involved me searching my bookcases looking for memorable book and books I still needed to read for every letter of the alphabet. I enjoyed completing the tag, I actually found some books that I had forgotten about.
This year I have decided to do something similar but instead I have chosen one book for each letter of the alphabet and this will be my new reading list. Hopefully by the end of the year I would of crossed them all off! Here is the list, I’ve tried to use books by different authors for each letter too to create some variety and this list is bound to change throughout the year:
Audiobook Challenge 2021
- Runs January 1, 2021 – December 31, 2021. You can join at any time.
- The goal is to find a new love for audios or to outdo yourself by listening to more audios in 2021 than you did in 2020.
- Books must be in audio format (CD, MP3, etc.)
- ANY genres count.
- Re-reads and crossovers from other reading challenges are allowed.
- You do not have to be a book blogger to participate; you can track your progress on Goodreads, Facebook, LibraryThing, etc.
- If you’re a blogger grab the button and do a quick post about the challenge to help spread the word. If you’re not a blogger you can help by posting on Facebook or Tweet about the challenge.
- Updates plus a giveaway will be posted twice during the year. The first update will be July 2, 2021, and the last update will take place on December 30, 2021.
- Newbie (I’ll give it a try) 1-5
- Weekend Warrior (I’m getting the hang of this) 5-10
- Stenographer (can listen while multitasking) 10-15
- Socially Awkward (Don’t talk to me) 15-20
- Binge Listener (Why read when someone can do it for you) 20-30
- My Precious (I had my earbuds surgically implanted) 30+
- Marathoner (Look Ma No Hands) 50+
- Over-Achiever (Power Listener) 75+
- The 100 Club (Audiobook Addict) 100+
As I listened to 22 audiobooks last year I am going to aim for Binge Listener perhaps dipping into the My Precious level. I haven’t selected a TBR as I tend to go with the flow on audio and choose what I’m in the mood for.
Historical Fiction Reading Challenge
So it is now time to get ready for another new challenge the Historical Fiction Reading Challenge 2021, which this coming year will return to being hosted by Marg of The Intrepid Reader. I love historical fiction and was shocked to see I had only read 9 historical fiction books last year! There is definitely room for improvement.
For those new to this, here are the details of the challenge:
- The challenge runs from January 1st to December 31st, 2021.
- Each month, a new post dedicated to the HF Challenge will be created.
- Everyone can participate! If you don’t have a blog you can post a link to your review if it’s posted on Goodreads, Facebook, or Amazon, or you can add your book title and thoughts in the comment section if you wish.
- Add the link(s) of your review(s) including your name and book title to the Mister Linky we’ll be adding to our monthly post (please use the direct URL that will guide us directly to your review)
- Any sub-genre of historical fiction is accepted (Historical Romance, Historical Mystery, Historical Fantasy, Young Adult, History/Non-Fiction, etc.)
Also these are the different reading levels you can choose from:
- 20th Century Reader – 2 books
- Victorian Reader – 5 books
- Renaissance Reader – 10 books
- Medieval – 15 books
- Ancient History – 25 books
- Prehistoric – 50+ books
I would like to aim for the Medieval level this year and I’m excited to see what the prompts might be. Again I haven’t made a TBR, I’m just going to keep it simple and see what takes me fancy.
21 Books for 2021
I have seen a lot of posts like this floating around and decided to give it a go. As I have sooo many books I decided to do an eBook and a physical book set. This means I have given myself 42 books to read throughout the year.
If you have made it this far then you deserve a medal! I’m hoping these challenges will open up my reading world even more. Which challenges are you taking part in this year?