Well my New Year has started with this lovely surprise from The Corner of Laura! I love Laura’s blog and after reading this challenge that she created I love it even more. Thank you so much to Laura for tagging me, otherwise I might of gate crashed! As I have been tagged from Day One I have until 12th February to complete this challenge. Lets see what I have chosen….
- Link back to the original creator (The Corner of Laura) and link back to this page (otherwise, the original creator won’t get a notification).
- Thank whoever tagged you and link back to their post
- Tag 5 or more other people.
- Read books that fit the description. I’ve put some recommendations in the original post to help you pick but you can read anything that fits the brief.
- The deadline for the challenge is six weeks after you were originally tagged (which, statistically, is the point when 80% of people give up their New Year’s Resolutions) e.g. if you were tagged in the original tag, the deadline is 12th February.
- Post a wrap-up when you’re done to show how you got on.
Read a book longer than 500 pages.
Bonus challenge: Read a book more than 800 pages or longer.
Learn a New Skill
Read a book from a genre you never usually read. This will be non-fiction for me.
Bonus Challenge: Read a book outside your comfort genre that was published in 2020/2021.
Read a ‘second hand’ book (any book you’ve never paid full price for. This will be easy for me as most of my books are second hand but I’m going to go for a book that I got for free!
Bonus challenge: Read a library book – you don’t have to pay anything for those!
Read a happy book – something that makes you feel good, puts a smile on your face.
Bonus challenge: Read a happy book about reducing stress/tackles mental health problems.
Read a book set in a foreign country
Bonus challenge: Read a book was originally published in another language.
Spend More Time With Family and Friends
Read a book that has been recommended by friends/family (online book community included)
Bonus challenge: Read a recommended book that you wouldn’t have picked up otherwise.
Read a book that has been on your TBR for over a year
Bonus challenge: Read the book at the very bottom of your TBR.
Focus on Self-Care
Read a book that focuses on mental health
Bonus Challenge: Read a self-help book and try out one of the pieces of advice it gives for yourself. Let me know how it went in your wrap-up post.
Screw Resolutions, I Quit!
Reread an old favourite
Bonus Challenge: Re-read an entire series.
So there is my round up, hopefully I’ll get to them all!
- CJR The Brit
- Hooked From Page One
- Meg @ For the Literature
- Em and her Books
- Cherelle @ A Bolt out of the Book
- You! If you fancy giving this a try then feel free
If I have tagged you and reading challenges are not your thing then please do not feel pressured to join in.