This month I decided to do a tag that was related to my bookcases. I love searching through them and picking out books that match the question. I always seem to find books that I’d forgotten about. I originally saw this on nickimags @ The Secret Library Book Blog.
1. Find an author name or title with a Z in it
The Wizard of Oz by L Frank Baum – this was a lucky find in a charity shop that cost me £2. It’s in an immaculate condition and the illustrations are beautiful.
2. Find a classic
3. Find a book with a key on it
4. Find something on your bookshelf that is not a book
I have a wooden metronome that was given to me by an elderly friend of my father in laws. I’m not sure how old it is but I know it is very precious.
5. Find the oldest book on your shelf
6. Find a book with a woman on it
7. Find a book that has an animal in it
8. Find a book with a male protagonist
Landon Carter from A Walk to Remember by Nicholas Sparks
9. Find a book with only words on the cover
10. Find a book with illustrations in it
11. Find a book with gold lettering
12. Find a diary, true or fictional
It’s not necessarily laid out as a diary but it reads in that way.
13. Find a book written by an author with a common surname (like Smith)
14. Find a favourite childhood book
15. Find a book on your shelf that takes place in the earliest time period
16. Find a hardback book without a jacket
The Chamber of Secret by J.K. Rowling
17. Find a teal/turquoise coloured book
18. Find a book with stars on it
19. Find a non YA book
20. Find a book with a beautiful cover
That was a lot of fun. Some of the questions were hard to answer like a book with a key on it but I realised how many pretty books I have on my bookcase. If you fancy joining in then consider yourself tagged!